Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a guy in my kung fu class got jumped

I carry a gun.

A few days ago a woman in Richmond,VA was ferrying a couple o'kids across town. Some guys were hangin out in the street, blocking traffic, shootin the sh!t, talkin to the bettys, whatever. This lady makes it known (horn, gesture, screaming, who knows) that she needs them to step aside so she can drive on.

They shoot her in the head, shes dead. One of the kids takes a bullet.

My hope is that people will just run over these dingalings in the street from now on. The best part - it's usually legal to do so.
    Stupidity - the number one sexually transmitted disease.

Is that why we train so hard in martial arts, so when it comes down to the crunch we say here take my couple of thousand $ watch, my wallet & keys when their got youre address. Im not trying to come off as a hero & understand what everyones saying.
    But i think that the reasons i gave are worth fighting 4. Its not like the guy knew they had a gun, besides seems like he had some martial skills & if u seen many people fight ull know that many cant even thow a proper punch. I even seen some prof. fighers on tv that couldnt punch wright. Its not just over the $ Its the principle, thats 1 of the reasons we do martial arts(self defence) to defend ourseves when the time comes. Im not stupid if i was really outnumbered or they had a gun i would have to swallow my pride. I would have fought, most times if u hit the guy closest to u with everything youre got & bust his face open(blood flyes) or a hard brutal snap kick to the balls(sending them up out threw his mouth). I doubt the other 2 would stay around, even if they do theres only 2 left. Anyway hope youre friend gets better, carrying a gun around everywhere is a bit risky. U will end up in jail, i would recomend, what i carry occasionaly my best mate thats always there 2 give me a extra hand.(knuckle Busters)

Angry

"at which point they made him get on his knees, tied him up, and then all started kicking him. "

What??! Well it's not you fault, but your story has ****ed me off for the rest of the night! I can't stand that kind of ****.
    And no, I'm going to tell you guys right now that martial arts aren't enough to make you safe on the street. That is going to be really controversial, but it's the truth.
    If you're going to attack in that kind of situation, kill with a gun of your own.

Give them your rolex, then shoot them in the back as they leave, then take your rolex back, and shoot them one more time for fun.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

LOL
    I just realized how incredibly opposite my post on here and the one on Prana's thread was....

Sigh....it's easy to see the things I just don't accept huh?

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Ryu, if I had not read the name of the user who wrote that, I would never of guessed it was calm and collective you.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

Making someone helplessly suffer is a good way to bring the "violence" out of me....

That I'll admit. To be honest, I think it's good to be angered at terrible things.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

Originally posted by KungFuGuy!
    So leo, if a group of guys said "give us your watch" you'd bust out on them? That's just plain stupid whether you win or lose. However, if they attack you and you fight back, that's fine. In fact, that's what you probably should do, lol.
    I was always taught not to wait for your opponent to attack - IMO its usually best to throw the first punch as soon as you see that someone is a threat.

I know people that have been in similar situations (minus the gun). It's up to the individual to make the judgement.
    If I was mugged by three people (without visible weapons) that I honestly thought I could beat up, that's exactly what I would do.

Obviously if they pulled a gun or a syringe full of blood I would comply without a thought.

**** Straight. I would go all out with every killing move i know. They probably would of still tied the guy up even if he submitted.

Heres a story for you to think about. My cousin had a friend who was walking by one day minding his own business. When some muggers came out and surrounded him. I dont know how many, but they pulled a gun on him straight away. Anyways they wanted all the money and jewelry he had. He gave it to them freely as some of you suggested. Now these guys were pretty hardcore and ruthless, you know in gangs, pushing drugs, basically proffesional criminals. So anyways, even though he gave them the money they still shot him. The reason, they though he was a pu$$y for not standing up for himself. Thats the double standard people have to contend with these days
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

The second someone shows aggresion like that is when you know that all roads have been removed, and before they drew teh gun, he should have put his fist into teh throat with teh intent to kill, once they are on teh ground, then that mercy crap can come in

pause

the reason he was bested was because he hesitated on being ruthless, shouldn't take more than 3 seconds to solve that problem

pause

well, getting stabbed is worse

pause

know what sucks, trying to make it in Alaska. severaly off topic, exspecialy considering i am up at 3 in the morning, and could come up with a better response than this

pause

Getting stabbed is worse than being shot. Are you serious?

I'd say it depends on the bullet used but you cant honestly say a sharpened shard of metal is worse than a bullet filled with gunpowder traveling the speed of sound, playing pinball with your organs and possibly going through your lungs, heart and stomach before it stops. They can both kill you of course but i know of people who were stabbed multiple times and survived. I've actually seen someone stabbed six times in the back and survive.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

Bullets which are travelling don't have gunpowder in them....not trying to be jerk!

Naw your right, i was just trying to make a point.