Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a guy in my kung fu class got jumped

well, a stab wound leave a bigger wound. a bullet doesn't cause that much damage compared to a knife, but is more effective due to its use. an dyou described a light gun, one that plays pinball, and those actually are less deadly than a big ol gun. m 16 versus an 5o cal ae. there is a major difference
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

I would have fought the death. cowards like that truly disgust me. Even if i got shot and died, i would have least tried to take one of them to the grave with me. my friend just bought a brand new car, and some f*cking b@stards bashed his dad for the car keys! imagine that, a gang of 5 youths beating an old man for a car! f*cking pi$$ me off!!!!!!!
    If you have nothing to prove, you have no need to fight.

I know buddy. that is exactly why i train. human filth.

pause

Yea ok. I'd still rather get stabbed than shot. Its not about the wound but about whats happening inside. A knife can go so far. A dog could take a chunk outta me and it would look pretty life threatening.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

the wound is teh damage, teh bigger teh wound, the more damage to teh body, thus (generaly speaking) death is closer, and also the more blood you lose. but i understand what you mean
    a knife does sound better lol

pause

Thats not true. If someones arm got blown off, i'd call that the biggest wound you could get but thousands of people survived that. Its all about your organs 'man. You can survive almost anything if your organs are still intact and you stop the bleeding. A knife might not even make it past the ribcage but the smallest bullest will.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

"all the tough guys i know are either dead or in jail. "
    - I agree, but you'll never convince most of the folks here of that, particularly when the mob type mentality sets in.No offense...

-I had a friend who got stabbed AFTER he willingly handed over his wallet. He was dealing heroin in a neighborhood generally associated with this activity. Solution?: don't sell heroin!!

-I'm curious about the situation. Where were they that they had time to tie him up. Did they kidnap him? Am I missing something

jun_erh

i`m not trying to convince anybody of anything,
    my perception is that a forum is a place to be able to state our views,
    this is america,i love this country,
    i will fight to the death for my freedom of speech,
    but not over a watch,or a car,or money.
    however,if it comes down to someone trying to take my life over
    my watch,or a car,or money.
    and i perceive that the perpatratiors intention is to cause death or seriouse bodily harm,in the commission of said act,
    i will employe every survival strategy i know to prevent him from carrying out this act,and recommend this to anyone,
    you have nothing left to lose.

read sun tzu`s-"art of war."

Braden Guest
    Rant editted for the subtext impaired.

- Saying you'll attack someone before they show aggression is a little silly, since you're surrounded by people all the time, and you just can't go around beating them all up.

- Saying you'll attack someone as soon as they show aggression is a little silly. The escalation of violence in these encounters isn't how it is in the ring, kwoon, or movies. You'll have someone asking for directions one second, and a knife in your kidney the next second. There's no in between state.

- Saying you'll attack someone only if they don't have a knife, gun, or syringe is silly because people don't advertise what weapons they carry. As seen in this example, they will wait until you've played your hand before pulling out the weapon. They will wait for you to clinch before pulling the knife and sticking it in you. His buddy will wait for you to swing before pulling a gun and putting it to your head.

- Saying you'll die to protect your pride is just plain silly.

- Saying knife wounds cause more damage than bullet wounds is just plain silly.

- Implying that someone is a *****, badass, or hero is silly. These words have no meaning in real confrontations. They get thrown out the window and replaced simply with 'survive' - on both sides of the encounter. There's no such thing as a real badass, the way they're percieved. A real badass lives a miserable, paranoid life, and becomes a badass by doing things which would make you call him a *****. At risk of sounding judgemental - the people going on about what they would or wouldn't have done, and calling people these names haven't the foggiest clue what they're talking about.

Brucelee2 - Take any chance you can to help your bud relax over the next two months. He'll have a tough time with all the head games these things play with you. But when he's through it, he'll have learnt more about self defense than you can from a thousand martial arts classes. My condolences. No one should have to deal with these terrible things happening to them.

braden

take it easy big guy,

if you examine my post closley you will see that it is a general
    outline to the letter of the law in most states,
    relax,
    this is an open forum,
    people will say what they want,
    remember,we are operating under non-emergent conditons from the safety of our consules.
    this is a good time to talk about such matters,
    how could anyone rationaly disregard your advice?
    do what you have to survive.
    now the part about tracking them to there house,
    if you are caught,you will go to prison for murder,
    why?
    first the immeadicy of need to act no longer exists,ie;the threat no longer exists,
    second,you pre-meditated the act and,
    third,you used a level of force which was greater then the force they used against you,and back to the first example.

if a women being raped shoots the perpatratior while he is attempting to commit the act,she is justified,
    if afterwards she tracks them and kills them she is not.
    at this point she would be obligated to report it to local law enforcement to make the arrest.
    thats the way it is like it or not.

don`t forget the "hocky dad",the judge gave him a break,
    he could have thrown away the key and, did not.

Braden Guest
    I was, of course, NOT advocating tracking someone down and killing them in their sleep.

braden

yes your correct!

i just was looking for an opportunity to address such an important
    matter in regards to the initial post and i used your message as a springboard,

thank you for being fisicious.

He was in a park at around 8:30 at night.

Where do you live?

Please don't say LA......I already have issues with someone I love moving down there...

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

I got rolled at 13 for a pack of ***s [I don't even smoke?!]

If I knew then what I know now, I'd break their arms off and cram'em up their arses. That's what I train for
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.