Thread: crane's beaks in choy lay fut

crane's beaks in choy lay fut

i want to ask the meanning of the double crane's beaks in the beginning of choy lay fut's forms .

- they belongs to the group of crane's techniques or have another meanning ?

- how is their chinese name ?

- why are so importants for be in the begginning of the forms ?

Blog Entries
    I think you are talking about Pi Zao or "Peel Hand."

My understanding is that this is a "break hold." If someone grabs you with both hands you can force your arms up through their arms with this technique. This can hopefully break their hold on you.

If they still won't let go then when you do "Pi Zao" you can hook their arms with the back of your hands and knock their arms down.

This pulls the opponent's balance down and forward. You can then follow up with a double leopard fists to the face or chest. Or double knife hands to the rib cage. Or double tiger claws. Or a double spear hand to the throat. Every form has this technique "Pi Zao" and different move to do after it.

The opponents forward momentum pulls them into whatever technique you do increasing the force of the strike.

Hope that helps.

What do my Si Hings think about my application.

I agree with your idea. All techniues have an application to them, however that being said certain movements in forms are put together as openings. The beginning of our CLF forms when writted out in chinese characters supposedly has some type of revolutionary meaning.

While the Pi Sau technique your are referring to in the bow sequence does have an application I believe the application is not all that practical and more specifically for the bow. In my opinion the "meat" of all techniques in forms lies after the formalities of the bows. This is why IMHO Lee Koon Hung created some shorter opening bow sequences.

Peace.

thank you for the info .

fu pow

when you say " peel hand " this mean " skin " or " shovel " ?
    i need to translate to spanish and i got this 2 definitions in my english dictionary .

clfnole

speaking about revolutionary saying , you can write me the complete saying where ping kuen name was come from .
    in a post you'd wrote only the half saying and will be cool have the entery sayng with the english's translation .

thank you both , again .