Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fushan Bak Mei

Paul-

Well, if you consider me a joke like Kwai Chang then don' t respond to me, as you obviously did with him.

He was the first to comment on your sifu, and you said nothing.

I have the right to comment on anything I want, especially if you decided not too.

I take pleasure in making Kwai Chang look like an idiot. If you want to "turn the other cheek" that's great.

Otherwise, treat fairly and be true to your principles.

I take pleasure in making Kwai Chang look like an idiot. If you want to "turn the other cheek" that's great.
    From where I sit all you are doing is making yourself look like an idiot.

He was the first to comment on your sifu, and you said nothing.
    I realize what he is, no use wasting my time. I though you might not be a troll, but apparently I was wrong.

I have the right to comment on anything I want
    .....and once again make yourself look stupid.

Otherwise, treat fairly and be true to your principles.
    I recommend you worry about yourself before others. I have nothing more to say to you.

Paul

Tiger Hand

people usually have good reason for being defensive. Pointing fingers won't help. Nor can expect anyone to be held accountable. You have the unenviable task of challenging a judgment. Begin with why this person sees things the way he does. Be diligent and you'll eventually master the situation. This is also known as * Kung Fu - Kuen Yao Som Fot *

You may feel burned at first, but helpful advice is constructive. A few words for you... there's more to friendship than listening to problems here. Let yourself enjoy this brighter side.

Jon

--your smarter than i gave you credit for...

Although you're reluctant to admit it, a certain pain in your derriere is a plus. - RH

--Wing Chun may hold the key but do you even know where the door your trying to unlock might lead?

Showing one's hand too early gives away the game. A reward is postponed, but be a good sport. Your upbeat manner inpires a superior ( guess who? ) to make it up to you. Bide your time. You'll recognize what's Wing Chun when it appears. - RH

Buby

here is the website - Leung Sheung

http://www.bawcsa.org/bio/LeungSheung.html
    Last edited by Rolling_Hand; 01-31-2002 at 06:22 PM.

Rolling_Hand

Your comments as per usual only relate to what you directly can understand and structure into an argument.

"Although you're reluctant to admit it, a certain pain in your derriere is a plus. - RH "
    * Never been relutctant about my opinion im proberly the most forward person i know. Still dont get to excited... 'Smarter than i gave you credit for', you dont know how smart i orginaly thought you were, do you? Besides what use is 'smart' when you depend totaly on your reflexs?

"Showing one's hand too early gives away the game."
    * Only a brave fighter with total confidence in there technique can afford to be truely up front about what they do and who they are. I can understand you not wanting to take such risk.

"A reward is postponed, but be a good sport."
    * The reward is not important, besides what reward?
    The trip is all there is, when you get to your destination you will only find another place you want to see. Sit back and enjoy the ride, maybe in time you will stop to enjoy the scenery and the many differing landscapes. Give yourself up and you may yet find yourself again.

"Your upbeat manner inpires a superior ( guess who? ) to make it up to you."
    * No disrespect but i dont regard you as a superiour, if you were posting under your real name and listed openly your sifu i would show you more respect. To me your just some bloke with a couple of years of wing chun and a hell of a lot of quotes from old texts. I can quote the classics too Does it mean i can apply them though? My superiors are my mentors and i look up to them, i have not recieved anything from you to elevate you to that level. Dont flatter yourself!
    Still feel free to attempt to 'educate' me anytime you feel fit, just dont expect me to take it seriously, as you to me are just another faceless, nameless, WC mouth boxer.

"Bide your time. You'll recognize what's Wing Chun when it appears. - RH"
    * Are you saying i havent seen Wing Chun? Pretty odd assumption, either way its not for me...
    To structured and confined, footwork is weak, to based on reflex.
    Instructors are always more involved in politics than actualy improving there art. Linage is more important than actualy being good. To much is kept back, to little is shown up front, application is cramped, power is offset by stance, to much relience on forwards moving techniques and strait lines.
    This is all just my opinions though, if wc works for you then more power to you. For me it feels like trying to fight confined to a phone box.

Now i notice again [im perceptive i know] that you have missed MANY of the questions in my post. I cant help but get the feeling its becouse either you cant or dont want to answer them.
    Considering your my superiour [appently] i would have thought you would be keen to rebut my 'mis' conceptions about your art?
    Maybe you agree with me?

Come on Trolling_Hand you can do better i know it, dont 'find' a responce 'feel' one.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Paul-

Where do you sit??? On WC mountain with the fool?

Well, if by your definition Iam a troll, then, you would not answer me again.

BUT you DID so who is the fool?

If you say it is none of my business what REALLY happened to your sifu or if there was even such a incident, FINE I didn't press you for the info, and it is not my business.

BUT don't say i don't have the right to comment on what was said publicly.

Yup, I can say whatever i wish, if that makes me look stupid then maybe you should move from Cali. and go join whats left of the Taliban. I heard they are still recruiting.

I don't need to worry about myself, because i don't say "I ignore trolls" and then answer me whom you consider as a troll.

Again, be true to your principles.

BYE, BYE Paul, its been a nice chat, since you have nothing more to say to me.

hi jon,
    not meaning to be rude but i think you may not actually have seen any descent wing chun.
    'To structured and confined, footwork is weak, to based on reflex.
    Instructors are always more involved in politics than actualy improving there art. Linage is more important than actualy being good. To much is kept back, to little is shown up front, application is cramped, power is offset by stance, to much relience on forwards moving techniques and strait lines.'
    i am only up in newcastle & would be quite happy for you to come up for a day & let you see that there is some quality wing chun available either that or i could piont you to our sydney school so that you may find that what you have see already is not what is typical of good ving tsun.
    either way i am sorry you have such a distorted view of how wing chun works.
    vts

Kwai Chang-

So, where is your answer for the judgment you have arrived at that makes you think WC mountain is so bright?

Why don't you begin with how you could not give yourself an enema and the sludge has now backed up into your brain. That's why you have to use your FORTUNE COOKIE scripter to post.

Haha......if you knew kungfu, you wouldn't have went from Tai Mantis to WC.

Trying to ride on Bruce Lee's coat tail? Kwai Chang?

Tiger Hand

It isn't easy having to admit to a shortcoming. Now that it's out in the open, why be elusive?

What did I tell you?
    Be diligent and you'll eventually master the situation. Try again, forthrightness turns a liability into a strength.

Jon

Check to make sure you've still got support from VTS. Sentiments have changed, and you could find yourself left hanging. It might not be the right time to throw your weight around in front of our Wing Chun brothers. Just kidding! Jon, please rise above the melee... and we'll chat later.

Sui-Fuw,

How is your Bak Mei? I've not forgotten you, I'm just too busy with my babe - Wing Chun.
    At this moment, even I don't try to figure out the Wing Chun mountain - It's just too deep!!!!

Hey, don't let others speak for you. You have powerful intuition if you let yourself use it.

Kwai Chang-

We all have shortcomings.......and yours is that you learn WC!

Busy with your babe WC? I didn't know you are a NECROPHILIAC!
    Man, you are WIERD!

But thanks for sharing, another shortcoming of yours!

Keep it coming.......your FORTUNE COOKIE machine is working overtime!
    Last edited by TIger Hand; 02-01-2002 at 12:42 AM.

vingtsunstudent
    * I appologise, i forgot in my haste that Rolling_Hand would not be the only one i was insulting. The comment was actualy bait which is why Rolling Hand wisely choose to dodge it [he's a slippery one that way]. There all common misconceptions of poor wing chun taught at low level. I know well that at higher levels and particualy in better schools the art opens up a lot.
    I would be happy to see your stuff though if you do indeed train in the real deal, im pretty common to Newcastle i grew up there so its possible i might be able to pop in and see you guys. As i say i honestly just meant to get Rolling_Hand provoked into defending himself so i could pick on him further i did not mean to insult the whole WC population. Still ive got to admit i have not seen a lot of good WC down here and i have actualy seen a couple of schools. Then again they dont exactly show the good stuff to interested partys peeping though the door either do they Please dont take my comments to heart they were just bait for RH and where meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

Rolling_Hand
    * Darn your no fun
    "Jon, please rise above the melee... and we'll chat later."
    * Ok im putting away my flame thrower but only on this one occasion

Respects
    Jon
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Jon

--i would have thought you would be keen to rebut my 'mis' conceptions about your art?

Not all fights have to be engaged. People are so contrary, you could get into an argument over 2+2=4. Let them believe what they want.

--Maybe you agree with me?

You can talk yourself in and out of anything, so it's best to just focus on the facts at hand.
    Why did this Bak Mei master Leung Sheung abandon Bak Mei for Wing Chun?
    Why did this Futshan Bak Mei master stay in coma for ten days?
    First, I must say I have nothing to against them, as a matter of fact, some of them are my distance families. I know them too well and I could break down the whole Bak Mei system like ABC. But that's not my interest. Life is just a moment to space, I'm standing on the top of Wing Chun mountain and enjoying fresh air at this moment.
    Last edited by Rolling_Hand; 02-01-2002 at 07:28 PM.