Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pak mei double butterfly swords

yup

i also believe this but i thought you want an basic answwer sorry my friend!

next time ill try better!

okie dokie

LUK GING, LUK HUP, YUM YEURNG SAU

WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS?

hahah

how much ging are we talking about?

what type also?

later give me ur number on PM PLEASE!

in your experience can women acheive ging[guys be very careful how you answer]?
    What makes you think they cannot?
    S.Teebas

sui-fuw

"gotta go soon,but i leave you with this,in your experience can women acheive ging[guys be very careful how you answer]?"
    * Interestingly baited question, trying to start a flame war?
    Ok ill bite
    On an internal level ging production is [amoung other things] related to sperm production, this is the reason why many believe that by sustaining from orgasm you can increase your ging. Women can of course posses ging but there fighting sytles are better suited to arts which use more chi than ging. The two are not the same thing as im sure we all know, although they can be interchanged i hear.
    Either way its possible for a "women to acheive ging" but its harder and the road is much longer.
    On an external level is whole other story.
    Ill proberly get flamed like all hell but you asked for "your experience" and this is mine.
    Women excell chi based styles much more easily than they use ging based ones. Im sure there are always exceptions.

Just another drop of water for the bucket
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

sui-fuw

"though it sounds like your si-fu telling you? "
    * Odd comment, i can take that two ways...

Either you mean did my sifu teach me my information, in which case of course he did.

If you mean is it my sifu's opinion and not mine, no its not. My opinion was based on my personal experience after doing several styles of cma and noticing the difference in performance levels of female class members.
    Still as stated of course my information on ging production comes though my sifu.

I would teach a female Bagua over Hung any day of the week, this is a big part of the reason why im starting to branch out into other arts.
    This is not becouse i dont think females can do hung, its becouse i feel there time and energy would be better spent on an art that favors chi and flow to explosive ging.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Female power

So, with total respect to the style, what does this say about Wing Chun?

If of course you believe in the legend of it being inspired by a Nun and her female disciple...
    Last edited by Yum Cha; 02-06-2002 at 11:13 PM.

Yum Cha

"So, with total respect to the style, what does this say about Wing Chun? "
    * Darn good question, now its starting to get interesting.

My money is on the fact that WC relies on speed, reflex and technique as opposed to 'power'. Force generation is not so big in WC as it is in many other arts as the focus is on sesitivity and reflex.
    These are both perfect traits for a female fighter to focus on as they lend well to the phycial and mental make up of many female fighters.
    I certainly think WC use ging, I also believe women can have ging so dont make that mistake.
    However i think both WC and women are better off with another focus than ging or even power in general.
    Would be interesting to hear a good wc players opinion on this.

- Huang Kai Vun

Back to the weapons subject

To come back to the subject of Pak Mei weapons and power generation, I think weapons teach a lot about body mechanics and power generation. My personal favorite is the daai pah, tiger fork. We practice it with the heavy fork. So if the movement isn't correct you'll instantly feel it. Only if the root \ stance is strong, the waist is used, the breathing is correct and the body works correct the move will be clear and powerfull. So the weapons help for your open hand forms.

The same goes for practice with the unicorn, (kay lin) It trains you to turn quick and powerfull and to change directions while using power.

Regards, Lau

To the top. What kind of legends have you guys heard about relating to Bak Mei weapons specifically Shaolin and White Eyebrow?. Just picked up the main section of the big field staff..can't recall the Chinese name