Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Another Post A Quote Thread!

It's Another Post A Quote Thread!

"I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives."
    --Tolstoy

Your turn...

Do you like Green Eggs and Ham? I do, I like them Sam I Am. I would eat them in a house. I would eat them with a mouse. I would eat them on a box. I would eat them with a fox. I would eat them on a train. I would eat them in the rain. I would eat them in a chair. I would eat them anywhere.

Dr. Seuss
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

"...Einstein, twenty-six years old, only three years away from crude privation, still a patent examiner, published in the Annalen der Physik in 1905 five papers on entirely different subjects. Three of them were among the greatest in the history of physics. One, very simple, gave the quantum explanation of the photoelectric effect--it was this work for which, sixteen years later he was awarded the Nobel prize. Another dealt with the phenomenon of Brownian motion, the apparently erratic movement of tiny particles suspended in a liquid: Einstein showed that these movements satisfied a clear statistical law. This was like a conjuring trick, easy when explained: before it, decent scientists could still doubt the concrete existence of atoms and molecules: this paper was as near direct proof of their concreteness as a theoretician could give. The third paper was the special theory of relativity, which quietly amalgamated space, time and matter into one fundamental unity. This last paper contains no references and quotes no authority. All of them are written in a style unlike any other theoretical physicist's. They contain very little mathematics. There is a good deal of verbal commentary. The conclusions, the bizarre conclusions, emerge as though with the greatest of ease: the reasoning is unbreakable. It looks as though he had reached the conclusions by pure thought, unaided, without listening to the opinions of others. To a surprisingly large extent, that is precisely what he had done. It is pretty safe to say that, so long as physics lasts, no one will again hack out three major breakthroughs in one year."
    -- C.P. Snow, Variety of Men, Penguin Books, Harmondsworth, U.K. 1969, pp 85-86.

"Purer"
    What a load of crap. Don't you guys ever get it?
    Oh, here's another logical conclusion, maybe Yin Fu had to spend a lot of time with Dong because he was a ******* and didn't get the concepts. Let's face it, the guy had some issues, just look at him. He wouldn't be on the cover of GQ, look at that Joe Stalin mustache he had.

--Big Balled Betty. www.shenwu.com

"I can't show you any of my school's techniques. They're all secret."

"Yeah, we have those too. There's this one where I shove a staff up your ass if you don't get out of my dojang."

"Come on, you sons of b*tches! Do you want to live forever?" -

GySgt. DANIEL DALY, USMC

'One time my cousin Walter got this cat stuck in his ass. True story. He bought it at our local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarrassing for my relatives and all, but the next week, he did it again. Different cat, same results, complete with another trip to the emergency room.
    So, I run into him a week later in the mall and he's buying another cat. And I says to him, "Jesus, Walter! You know you're gonna get this cat stuck in your ass too. Why don't you knock it off?” And he said to me, "Scott, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?” My cousin was a weird guy.'
    I have a signature.

This one time, in band camp...

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    You sound offensive towards my art, drop your pants and lets fight!
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

i'm cold and there are wolves after me.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Some pepole go to martial arts school, some people are martial artists

Seen it as someone's sig, always stayed in my mind.

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

you're only as good as your last class.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

"Please, don't smoke in my bathroom...I never sh¡t on your ashtray"
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

"The secret to teaching is that you need only be one breath ahead of your students."
    - A Daoist

"You little *****, you little ***** white boy, you wouldn't last two minutes in my world, you little ***got, you scared little white boy, I'll **** you till you love me." - Mike Tyson