Thread: Lo Kwang Yu is the common thread

Lo Kwang Yu is the common thread

How many LKY Lineage Praying Mantis folks do we have on this forum and what would you suggest to help us bond a little better.
    ________
    vaporizer wiki
    ________
    STRAIN INDEX
    Last edited by seung ga faat; 04-29-2011 at 01:19 AM.

LKY Lineage here!

what would you suggest to help us bond a little better
    Posting this thread being the first thing, and second, other's coming forward so we can discuss theory's and principles of 7*.

How diffrent schools Train, Spar, condition themselves, the 2 man sets......

Skard1
    Last edited by Skarbromantis; 01-31-2002 at 11:14 AM.
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Another LKY lineage guy...

Don't really know what to do to make a forum better. It's an internet forum, so there's not much that you can do except post something related to 7* once in a while.

Lo Kwan Yu

I'm another.

LKY was a great master. Between his disciples he handed down a lot of knowledge of the system. I'm sure generations of students haven't remembered or emphasized some of his instruction. I would love to compare and contrast not to judge, but to learn about these insights to make my mantis that much better.

My lineage from LKY is Chun Chun Yee. I know that Wong Hun Fun and Chu Chi Man have students out there. I would like to connect with them.

The linneage of the school that I train is Luo Kwang Yu - Won Hon Fun - Brendan Lai.

But I'm a begginer, so I don't think that I am able to discuss techniques, anyway, it will be instructive to watch you guys talking!

-- Kiasyd

Here's an olive branch. My Classmate V. Wilson and My Student M. Whetstone are planning an event for me to celebrate my anniversary. Right now it is sort of a closed celebration because they are planning it for my association. But, I would like it open to all LKY folks that can make it to NY and if you can't send a
    representative in your stead.
    This will be more of a meet and greet. We are will eat and talk and make new paths towards understanding and exchange.
    Their will also be folks from other styles there.
    The event is planned for March 17,2002 . RSVP through this forum via my email.
    ________
    honda nsr500 history
    ________
    KinkyViolet

7* befriends mei hwa

Many years ago, around the time of LGY's teacher Fan Hsu Dong a 7* master and a mei hwa master were friends.
    I don't know there names, but would like to find out.
    From these meetings 7* was able to incorporate the following forms:
    -dzai yao (3 forms)
    -mei hwa lu
    -fan che(2 forms)

I'm not sure if there were any more.
    But who were the people who taught each other?

I have made many attempts to bond with 7* PM folks of the LKY line.Sometimes it has been successful but, most times it has been not so successful. Perhaps I have gone about it in the wrong way so, I am asking for suggestions on new ways to help spear head this old movement.
    Their should be no secrets and if we continue to act as if we have them , PM with stagnate.
    I known we on this forum all feel this way so, let's try to get together.
    What do you guys think?
    ________
    ford trimotor history
    ________
    Anime Movie

seung ga faat

Thank you for the invitation to your celebration. I would like to go, unfortunately, I am unable.

As for your attempts to befriend LKY people, I would like to extend my hand in friendship. Comradery is an essential element in MA.

Thanks Mantis9,
    Feel free to email me when you plan to be in the area seunggafaat@iwon.com.
    ________
    home made vaporizer
    ________
    GLASS PIPE
    Last edited by seung ga faat; 04-29-2011 at 01:20 AM.

What were the forms that LGY learned before Chin Woo and what are the forms that he taught after.

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com