Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shui

I suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to live in a harmonious environment, and the way we live is a reflection of our inner selves: a cluttered living space reflects a cluttered mind, a Spartan living space reflects someone who is into minimalism both in lifestyle and thinking, etc.

But I don't buy into the mysticism at all surrounding FS. There's nothing "magical" about picking up after yourself and arranging your furniture (and your life) so that the elements of each are in harmony with each other. People don't need FS for this, they just need to get their heads out of their collective a$$es and start taking better care of themselves.

My two yen
    K. Mark Hoover

Budokan, how are you going to convice a grand mage to open your third eye for you talking like that?
    strike!

hahaha! Good point. But I already have a "third eye". I call him "Mr. One Eye".
    K. Mark Hoover

4. Wink

Budokan,youīre talking of one of the main chakras right?
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Former castleva:

You can read the Feng Shui official handbooks, they are free and distributed online. You must do the historical research yourself tho, there are some fantastic claims in dem der papers.

There is also a collection of lectures I have not completly read through, I figure the last 700 are the same as the first 200 or so.
    strike!

Feng Shui

I've always been skeptical of Feng Shui, but after working with a few FS masters, I've learned a lot. Some of them are really good, but like any art FS or martial, it depends more on the art then the man. It ties into your practice in an oblique way and can be very deep, especially if you study the internals.

Check out our FS horoscopes - http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/reso...horoscope.html
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

my Sigong does some Feng Shui sometimes, and from the little i have read or talked about with him, it's not so much like all this mystical 'Qi' BS that most people have here... everyone seems to want to buy crystals to 'harmonise their qi' and just hang them up (reminiscient of the CMA scene generally with all the snakes and fakes) - but its actually very much a science and bloomin difficult to do correctly. just like gong fu

just my thoughts
    dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Gene: are those horoscopes out of date by a few months?

pretty cool though thanks
    dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

9. Thumbs up

OK.
    Thanks a herd everyone.
    I should gather some information on this "art" (well it is)
    And it should work out.

David,where have you been? I thought you were found.
    Well my work needs a boost anyway,check your PM (nah,I have not written anything yet,Iīll try )
    Hopefully we will accidentally meet at fighterschat until I work something out.
    Best regards.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Feng Shui (lets give examples)

What has work for you?

Thumbs up

Have'nt really done any, so I can't answer.
    But good subject!

Don't use Feng Shui but it's interesting..

http://www.fengshuisociety.org.uk/
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

13. Thumbs up

"Don't use Feng Shui but it's interesting.."

Itīs an "interesting" superstition.

Iīm losing it,but I do know more than most I guess,having studied some.

In the distant past,it used to be somewhat of a practical method (a protoscience?) for a Chinese villager.Iīm not talking about flower pot arrangement...

Of course superstition was a part of the game during those days too.Dead relativeīs remains might have been moved to another grave after burial,would it have been found out that,according to feng shui,it was an unfortunate place to rest at.

-FC, summer of 2006-

It has become a household concept used by many single women in the western world, like Yoga, tai Chi (noooo..!!) & to a certain degree, some aspects of Zen (aarrgg).
    I hate it.

15. Thumbs up

You said that.
    Young women and esoteric+pseudoscience. I have noticed that too.

Theoretically,I know how to attract single,western women with their woo-woo. At least to a degree.

Paint your door red btw,so ghosts wonīt get in.

-FC, summer of 2006-