Thread: Chan Tat Fu in Hong Kong ?

Chan Tat Fu in Hong Kong ?

Can anyone tell me how to get a hold of Sifu Chan Tat Fu in Hong Kong. He runs a lion head and Kung Fu equiptment store in Hong Kong. I was given his telephone number but it is incorrect.

I dont know if his shop is still there or not.

Any information would be helpful.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

Luen Fat Cheung Kung Fu Instruments Co.,

65A, Yen Chow Street, G/F., Kowloon, Hong Kong.
    Tel: (852) 2387 1132, 2386 0666
    Fax: (852) 2386 1264

Sifu Chan Tat-Fu is getting old now, he may have retired but I think his business should still be trading. The last time I spoke to him is last November. Please let me how you go, I may be able to get his private number for you.

Extrajoseph

Thanks,
    I was told by an associate that he may have known my Sigung in HK or Toisan. I am trying to do research on my Sifu , Sigung and system.

I was given a number a year or so ago, but the lady who answered had no idea what I was talking about. I assumed it was a wrong number because she did not recognize anything when I mentioned in broken Gwuandung Wa ...."Sifu Chan Tat Fu".

Do you know if he speaks English, or will I need to fax him in Chinese ?

My e-mail is teleka@pacbell.net for any personal numbers.

Lastly, do you know which style he practices ?

Thanks again my friend, your help has been invaluable.

Buddhapalm

Re Chan-Tat-Fu (Chan-Fat-Fu)

Hello extra-josepth,

Re the above, Chan-Tat-Fu was my Lion's Roar Si-Fu's Si-Gung in 1971. Do you know anything about his Hop-Gar. He is of course well known for his Choy-Lay-Fut. PM, e-mail or forum post, I'd be very grateful for any reply if you can help.

Regards,

Steve Richards

Steven and Buddhapalm,

Sifu Chan is my Sisuk. He studied for a short while with Chan Yiu-Chi. He has his Kung Fu equipment business in HK for over 40 years so he knows just about everyone in MA there. He is the most diplomatic Kung Fu guy I ever know and he has studied many styles apart from CLF. Since I do CLF, I only ever spoken to him about CLF, but I am sure he would be a fantastic source of knowledge in most of the characters and styles you want to know that operated in HK in the last half century.

I don't think his or his family's English is very good, the best would be for you to fax him in Chinese with your request.

I see if I can find some information on him and Hop Gar for you over the weekend.

JosephX

extrajosepth,

Thank you for your time and energy, anything would be most welcome - thank you.

Chan-Tat-Fu was a friend of the late Hop-Gar Grandmaster Harry Ng-Yim-Ming. My Si-Fu was taught by Lau-Char-Chu (Lau-Jak-Chu) who learned 'Lion's Roar' - "Si-Ji-Hao" from Chan-Tat-Fu. Chan-Tat-Fu's forms (Si-Ji-Hao/Lion's Roar) are different - including the names, from just about any lineage in Tibetan Pai that I can find.

If I could confirm his lineage that would be very helpful after 30 years of practice!

Thanks in anticipation of your further assistance,

Steve Richards.

chun dat fu of hong kong was a student of au wing, au wing was the king of needles second to no one. in the 1940's thru 1960's au wing had many students that smashed school of various styles.

chun dat fu himself today a gentlemen, his yesterday is a story told by looking at his hands.

chun dat fu and chun hon chung are the founders of the hong kong chinese martial arts assn. they are respected by many sifu's in hong kong and the world.

today au wing preached buddism and resents violence, his students of today wan kung fu not da kung fu. chun dat fu himself restricts his students to fights and making trouble.

Blog Entries
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Smile OLD School Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Hi Sifu Frank,WOW,Man.You bring back many memories with that Letterhead and AD. I was in Kowloon-Mong Kok Hong-kong in 2006. The Shop now is much smaller,but still stuff with many Kung-fu Goodies. The parts of Hong-Kong;I saw were wonderful to me. My First Visit! It's All Good. maybe more Trips in the Future.NM.