Thread: Dallas/Fort Worth schools

Dallas/Fort Worth schools

Ok, now that I finally got the process of moving into my new house complete, and a new, well paying job, I hope to take up martial arts again and practice Kung Fu.

Now all I need to do is check out some schools. I know there are some schools in my area already.

So far I have found 2 Wing Chun (1 is actually Wing Tsun, its at a Gold's Gym), 2 Mantis schools (1 7 Star and 1 8 Step), Johnny Lee's White Leopard, a Shaolin-Do (No way I am going to them!) and Shaolin Temple Kung Fu (Temple Kung Fu?). And some other Shaolin schools in Dallas. What I was wondering if anyone knew of any other schools?

I thought some might be secret, there is a Ninjutsu school in my area, but you gotta e-mail them before they consider accepting you and they are not in the phone book. So I thought someone might know of some other schools. Thanks.
    I have a signature.

Dallas schools

Hey Philbert. Of course, I'm sure you know which of the above schools I'd recommend most, hehe. Let's see..I can think of several that aren't on your list. Another big name around Dallas is Jimmy Wong, he teaches northern Shaolin and several styles of Tai Chi. Philip Ng teaches Hung Gar in Richardson here. Ron Van Browning teaches San Soo(Not san shou, San Soo, the style passed down from Jimmy Woo) and several other arts. Eric Mattingly teaches "Free style" martial arts, San Soo and a bunch of other arts combined; it's a pretty good school though, good atmosphere. Eric Hung teaches Wang Shu Chin lineage(Bagua, Taiji, and Hsing-Yi). Soo Hwa is out in Plano, but I can't remember the teacher's name right now..doh!! There's a Shuai Jiao school somewhere in Dallas, but I'm not sure where it is..I could find it pretty easily, though. I visited one ninjutsu school here, but it wasn't a memorable visit, haha. STAY AWAY FROM THE WUJI-DO SCHOOL! The guy is nuts, he had one of the same teachers that the mindboxing.com guy had, he's off in lala land somewhere. Every Dallas area martial artist that has met him has some crazy story about him, lots of mouth fu there, haha. If you need to know any more, or info on some of them, feel free to email me. I know of others, I just listed the major ones here.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002