Thread: very good ab training site

very good ab training site

Thought you might enjoy this link
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro

Wow imagine that. Train abdominal muscles as you would any other muscle.

For those of you who do 100s of situps and pushups everyday please read. Although many here have already said it, it's nice to know that Pavel and Charles agree.

And yes Canadians know more too.

Good find lowsweep!

According to Joseph Horrigan, DC of the Soft Tissue Center in Los Angeles, being able to just do two or three Janda sit-ups is considered good.
    Eh? not knowing very much about much, this point confused me. If being able to do two or three is considered good, surely the exercise is too dificult for most people to do effectively? Can you really train a musle group doing an exercise that you can only do two reps of?

Perhaps I'm missing the point, I often do.

Full Contact Twists

Wow! Those twist things are amazing! Such a good idea! I hope I'm not the only one who incorporates them into their strength routine.
    Decent oblique exercises are so hard to find or they require so many repetions. This exercise is a must. Thank you lowsweep for this informative article.
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

TigerJaw:
    I have tried janda sit-ups. Believe me, they are not easy. It takes some practice before you can do them with correct form. Whoever wrote the article might have been reffering to doing 2-3 janda sit-ups with perfect form on the first try. Try 5 and I guarantee you will get a burn. If you are trying for big abs, Janda's are probably not the way to go because a few really tough reps will train more nervous system than muscle, which means you will be training your abs to flex harder instead of grow much bigger. They are a wonderful way to train abs, especially when you have another good ab excercise to tear muscle fiber too. Good luck!
    tri2bmt, I will soon be punching like mule too!
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro