Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to use kung fu to fight a challenging moron.

old jong Guest

How to use kung fu to fight a challenging moron.

1: Never use a training stance as a prefight posture.Be allert and natural.
    2: He will surely try a fake blow to the head and use your reaction to go for a double leg.Treat his feint as a real attack and attack him.Use timing.
    3: he may use some "Thai" kick to your leg to lower your guard or disrupt your balance.Kick his supporting leg and don't be shy about it!
    4: Don't play his game.Make your's better.
    5: In practice,take the time to make your striking techniques potent weapons.Don't rely on tricks or self defense.
    6: look at him straight in the eyes and be aware of his whole body.(practice that aspect)
    7: Don't sparr...FIGHT!...
    8: Don't worry about style,do what you have to do even if it is not "correct"
    Anybody want to add something? ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...

DrunkenMonkey Guest
    Spar, but don't go orthodox and kick his ass.

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

wu_de36 Guest
    Step back and double tap his ass with your Glock.

sorry... thought you said Gun Fu..

Felipe Bido Guest
    - Don't go easy on him. Later, he will say that he beat you in a bloodspilling fight

----------------------------------------
    -When it comes my turn...will you want me to go?
    -For Democracy any man'd give his only begotten son.

ShaolinTiger00 Guest
    its true... ;)

GLW Guest
    Good list OldJong.

Fits with what I tell people ...

"Once you are outside of your classmates and known friends, there is NO such thing as friendly sparring"

and the other one :

"When being kind to another becomes and act of Masochism, you need to rethink what you are doing"

Felipe Bido Guest
    From my past experiences with sparring and fighting, I've learned a thing called "teaching humility"...if a guy wants to spar "friendly" and you go easy on him, he'll say he hit you badly. You have to "teach him humility" by hitting him hard a few times..just for him to understand that you don't wanna injure him seriously.

Two saturdays ago I was teaching a hitting/blocking drill to a guy. Sometimes he tried to hit me in the head, and said "I could've hit you!"..or, when I just touched him, he said: "That's nothing!, you couldn't knock me out with that!". Needless to say, I told him to go full force, slapped him in the face a couple of times, and took him down 3 or 4 times. Now he understands the difference between "going easy on someone" and "realistic sparring"

A lot of guys with big mouths need some of that these days...

-------------------------
    -When it comes my turn...will you want me to go?
    -For Democracy any man'd give his only begotten son.

azwingchun Guest

Felipe Bido

I know what you are saying there, I do the same with certain students who try to get in a couple good shots to see if they can do it. This is when humility comes into play for me, I will then tap them just hard enough that it stops the aggression, or them trying to prove a point. Though I don't have many students try this at least not in a way to prove a point, there are those few that try to test your skill. They are usually in my experience the new student who has had some sort of previous fighting skills or the the higher ranking students who think that they are ready to test thier skills with yours. Though humilty goes both way, I can't as an teacher allow my feelings to get hurt if a student does land a punch, because this is the name of the game. Though if done to test you or to prove a point I will immediately go in and prove "My" point. But I believe as well as has been taught to me, this is also part of combat training, and I can't let my anger prevail over training. I am sure I have done this same thing to teachers in my past. ;)

GunnedDownAtrocity Guest
    i have to strongly agree and disagree with old jong's number 3 "he may use some "Thai" kick to your leg to lower your guard or disrupt your balance.Kick his supporting leg and don't be shy about it!"

if it's a serious fight or some a$ saying that he wants to fight you because that karate crap don't work than i would have to agree. screw him ... he asked to get broken and i have no pity. however, if it's just someone who wants to spar you better be very accurate and very careful kicking someone's supporting leg. when all their weight is on it like that you'll snap the knee or ankle like a twig if you "arent shy about it" and follow through. i'm not saying that it's the perfect fight ender, guaranteed to work every time, but if you accidentally succeed in hitting the right spot (wheather you meant to or not)you just broke some poor fu cker who just wanted to see what you had. not cool. this is of course only my perception of what you meant by not being shy about it. pushing through their thigh and snap kicking are far different from stepping through someones supporting leg at a join.

where's my beer?

Ralek Guest
    Kung fu guys will lose against me no matter what strategies they use.

Josh "I respect all styles" Fernando

Xebsball Guest
    Ralek, will you choke their dicks with your ass?

-------------------------
    "Faltou luz mas era Dia, o Sol invadiu a sala. Fez da tv um espelho, refletindo o que a gente esquecia."

Tigerstyle Guest
    Ralek,
    By posting a response like that, did you just accept the title of "a challenging moron"? ;)

Ralek Guest
    No. I'm a scientist. I test kung fu to see if it is effective in scientific testing grounds. So far results have yielded that kung fu sucks.

Therefore it is a scientific fact that kung fu sucks. Atheorectically speaking.

Josh "I respect all styles" Fernando

ope Guest
    alot of good points where made i just wanted to add that you should keep the same pace as he does.. what i mean by this is if he puts power and speed in his techqiues strikes etc.. then you should as well.. but if you get the feelin his holding back then by all means hold back.. get a good feel of him first before you total trash him.. he might just want to do some friendly sparring..

Ming the Merciless Guest
    #6 I don't agree with. You stare people down before the fight, not after it has already started.

who here actually stares into someones eyes while they spar or fight someone?