Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to use kung fu to fight a challenging moron.

atsai Guest
    Yeah, the latest study in JAMA showed 78.6% of the moron did not know that. ;)

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

nightair Guest
    or make eye contact with the window because the girl has a gun and if she knows that you know that she is not paying a ttention to you paying attention she will pay attetion to you while you are not paying attention to the bullet that is paying attention to your eye.But..in the end the bullet will make eye contact with you??? In you eye ?? Right??? :confused:

GunnedDownAtrocity Guest
    old jongs original post was in the flavor of an actual fight, but i mention the knee thing because some of the following posts were about sparring someone with a point to prove.

i think in sparring you should test the waters at least a little before going all out even against someone like the above mentioned. not everyone you don't get a good first impression of is actually going to be a d!ck while sparring.

of course, on the flip side, i say give them everything they ask for and a little more.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity Guest
    ralek is funny.

to tell you the truth i missed ralek while he was gone. i truly realized how badly all the other trolls sucked when he left. you guys have to admit that he is definatley the most entertaining troll that we have ever had.

what a hell of a guy.

hey ralek, have you seen this new bjj site?

http://www.soturi.net/nhb/

where's my beer?

ged Guest
    hey azwingchun

um. i have a question. anyone answer this, but its about your post on the first page.

so if a student tries to hit you, you play rough?

sometimes when one of my disi-hengs 'spars' with me (its not really sparring, just someone throwing a few punches and the other guy deflecting them and pulling a few hits on the aggressor) ive wanted to try my hardest to hit him. not to prove a point, but to allow him to prove a point. ill try and explain... i think that if i tried my utmost to punch this guy in the head, and he destroys my punches and dominates me, id feel better about kung fu, and train harder. but azwingchun, if you were my disi heng, youd hit me a few in the face? so is it disrespectful to try and hit him?

ok, that paragraph isnt organized very well. sorry.

azwingchun Guest

ged

I hope I didn't miss lead you or anyone else. The point I was trying to make was getting hit in sparring is fine.....this happens and is part of the training. It is the student who gets a little cocky and gets outta hand. Almost to say that they might be trying to hurt you, to say "Lokk what I did". Does that make sense? I realize there is a fine line between sparring and what I am trying to say, but if and when it happens I am a firm believer in reacting to it. This is not so much for me to prove a point as it is to keep the student from getting out of hand, and in some cases carrying it over to the other students (which has happened before). This cockiness seems to me to go beyond training and into trying to make a point of how good they are. I believe this ego stagnates ones training and ability to learn. Does this make better sense? ;)

ged Guest
    yup, i understand your viewpoint completely.

but like i said, i wouldnt try to hurt the instructor, my attack would be an attempt for me to glimpse what hard training can lead to.

but he might interpret it as you would, and think im getting cocky.

that happened once before with this guy - i asked him if full contact sparring was done. he misinterpreted this as me wanting to do it NOW, instead of when i was ready - and hit me a few times over the next week. fair enough.

should i explain to him what i want? or just try and punch as fast as i can? i dont mind having bruised forearms for a week from him blocking them. but i like my nose unbroken :p

azwingchun Guest

ged

Exactly, tell him how hard you are wanting to go and if he doesn't honor that then find someone else. ;)

Ryu Guest
    This is one of the funniest threads ever on this forum! :D

GDA, you're killin me with that pic!
    :D :D

Ryu

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

old jong Guest
    Yeah!...Treads do have a tendancy to turn "funny" these days.But, what the heck? ;) :D... I like that!

Les paroles s'envolent.
    Les écrits restent!...