Thread: just have to celebrate

just have to celebrate

There really isn't any forum for this news. I think we need a "days of our lives" forum to post personal news. So here's a thread because I'm sooooo excited.

I'm losing my job as a web developer as of this Friday. As of the following Monday, I start my new job in a gym. It's a sweet little gym and a sweet job to boot. My base job there is to maintain the gym/equipment, run intros, develop beginning programs and take assessments. I also have the opportunity to be hired as a staff personal trainer (she's looking for a female trainer, and here I am fresh with my certification). And, I have another opportunity to create and run an aerobics class or two (or more). Basically, my opportunities there are endless. Money will be a bit less than what I need, but I do have other supplements, so I should be able to scrape by until everything takes off. But, this job will be my happiness. It's what I want to do and really just about where I want to do it.

And, to top it all off, I hit three pullups in a row.

Things are looking up all around. Just had to celebrate!

Now, back to health and working out.

Robin
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

Alright! Wish I could quit my job and work out all day for free!

robin

that rocks...congrats!!! i too am looking to get out from behind this computer...

mercury just came out of retrograde, and the year of the horse is about to begin. hope it all works out well for you!

=)

oh, and extra props for the 3 pull-ups!!!

Good luck, robin!!!

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Congrats, good luck

I guess that says it all!

Excellent news girlfriend. Keep up the good work.

I'm very glad to hear things panned out, and so quickly!

Happiness is a good supplemental paycheck itself.

Keep us posted on the delights of the new gig.

nospam.

Congrats She-Herc!!!

Just make sure you can still afford to eat though...

Thumbs up

congrats!!!! I hope everything works out well for you.

Thanks, Guys.

I'll be sure my paycheck pays rent, food and health insurance. I'm going to be working a lot of hours, but that will probably get paired back once my personal training and aerobics classes take off.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress. Though, beginning next month, I won't really have computer access until the weekends, so I'll be a bit scarce around here once that happens. So, these are the last three weeks I'm tied to this computer.

Robin

Thumbs up

That's fantastic new. Will you also be able to teach an introductory TKD class as well? You would really like that, I think.
    K. Mark Hoover

Right now, I'm still only teaching at my dojang. My instructor and I are planning for me to take off, but first I want to get my personal training business off the ground. One thing at a time.

I do teach classes on my own at my school. I have the Saturday classes to myself--one kids and one adult, all belts. I've had those classes for three years now and they're going well. He likes what I'm doing, and that's why we're planning on my moving on, but that's a bit later.

Thanks for the well wishes.