Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To all Kung Fu peeps.......

The type of wording BoxerVestite uses is extremely reminiscent of such famous shemales as "Jacki", "Stacey" (no offense Stace, but its obvious ) and others.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Before some twat deleted it - my "How to tell the men from the ladyboys" thread explained all about this.

See Kung Lek..... SEE!!!! I am useful. Honest.

Yes - no woman would rhyme like that. Ever. Same as no woman would call herself "Cum dumpster".

Josh Rakowski - the cat-molesting, mule-sucking, BJJ -loving rogue - what sinister and lowly guise will he take next week, in his dastardly bid to crush the Evil Empire that is Kung Fu Magazine?

Tune in next week. Only on FoxKids! (TM)
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Delicate Sound, would you PLEASE stop using the word "twat" to insult people with? Every time you use it that way you insult all women by implying that to be a twat (vagina, or one who has one) is to be a second-class citizen. That REALLY bugs women, although most of the time we're too brainwashed to call you thoughtless pen!ses on it

You say you consider yourself an adult - one of the hallmarks of a civilized adult is to consider how their words and actions affect others.

PS I agree with the rest of your post
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

Sorry Jas Really I am. No disrespect - but it's the only word I don't have to partially censor. I have a mini keyboard see, and it means I have to numerically type the "asterisk" into Word, then cut and paste it in.

But yes, point taken. My bad.

[To Self - never argue with Jas....... ]
    "Martial Arts will help lead to d@mnation – Yes, d@mnation!"

-Bible Truths.

Talking

somewhere down the line my utter love of women who have strong opinions, know how to argue and enjoy it, is going to get me into loads of trouble I'm sure.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Only if you consider solid friendships and really hot dates "loads of trouble". Right, wushuchik?
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

Talking

"No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....

OK I AM BACK....

Sorry all for my long absence. I had some family stuff I had to deal with, but now I AM BACK. Yes, Jas...I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THE STRONG WOMAN THING!!! Gurl-Power all the way. And Ryu...HI HON!! I missed ya. Boxerchick, you suck a$$....and I believe that you are in fact a man. And uh, as for the stupid little poem...DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!!
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

my complaints are fairly minor (but many), because in the end they will not matter too much. for your information i study wing chun

1)for some reason my sifu wants us to learn 6 forms instead of 3, so the first, third and fifth forms we learn are from some sort of long fisted style (lots of horizontal punches and crane hand strikes). this would be ok but we never practise the techniques from those forms, in the rest of class. Its kind of hard to do it right if its completely opposite of wing chun.

2)despite the fact that wing chun kicks are easy to learn, my sifu makes us learn the karate/tkd side kick first. for me its not a problem because i learned it for 3 years in tkd, but i would still rather learn wing chun kicks. karate side kicks dont exactly work using a wing chun stance. also most of my classmates have awful balance so doing kicks where you have to turn your hip over while standing on one foot don't work too well.

3)while my wc classes are very affordable since i'm a student at the university where the class is held ( $25 canadian/month)
    the weapons classes are $30 dollars each for 2.5 hours and are not held too often. luckily i can learn kenjutsu for free, but others are not so lucky

4) our class is split up by belt rank categories, even though wing chun is not supposed to have belts. instead of judging people by actual skill they are judged by their belt. unfortunatly the belt tests are very easy and everyone passes as long as they pay $35
    and have been training for 3 months since their last belt test. The catch is that you have to pay for the test if you want to get into the higher rank class if you want to learn more advanced stuff and actually get to train with the sifu.

5) almost no sparring. sparring is not everything but it helps you to determine if your technique is any good or not. You can learn a lot from other students by sparring them. I also weeds out the really unskilled people once they realise they are not as good as they assumed they were.

6) conditioning, we waste a lot of time doing non-wing chun related conditioning. conditioning is important, but i dont need to spend valuable class time doing jumping jacks. that kind of stuff can be done at home. i'd rather do conditioning that requires actual instruction( e.g. stance work, repitition of technique)

7) stretching, we waste about one fifth of our class stretching and warming up. everyone should stretch and warm up on their own before class. everybody is built differently and requires different amounts and types of stretching. those who don't know how to stretch and warm up should be taught and then left to do it on their own after that. I'd rather begin the class with devoting time to chi sau or forms or something that the instructor can help us with.

oh well, at least the class is cheap. and wing chun is a good style even if your instruction is'nt great. it all matters how much you practise anyway.