Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qixing Tanglang - Malaysia

If you have a chance to train with Mr. Tunks or one of his students I would do it.

From the vids I have seen on the net his mantis looks FANTASTIC. After reading numerous posts and some corrospondence with him I think he has a very deep knowledge of the mantis, theories and how it all goes together for fighting.

You just have to be ready to train hard.

Good Luck!

Penang Mantis

Hi Khoo

Thanks for advice and information on your lineage. Wow I didn't know your lineage extended to UK. And you mentioned that you have a student in Australia, which state or city does he/she live in. Has he/she learnt much of your mantis curriculum ?

I have started to look for mantis schools around. I found a Brendan Tunks one in Melbourne so I might go to it.

Just one other question. What should I look for in typical mantis class. Lots of forms training, bag work or sparring etc.

Thanks for your help,
    Vuong

PS, Thanks for the advise Mantid1

Hi! Voung

My sidai has learnt quite substantial. Though, we have emailed but I cant recall his state. You can contact him at this address

cho_c@hotmail.com

Typically, the training should covers every aspect. You train forms for the speed and stamina (when doing multiple sets), pai da gung for the hardening and strengthening of your body, sandbag for power and joints, sparring for application and stamina (in terms of rounds).

Others might disagree.

Regards
    khoo
    Last edited by MantisCool; 04-23-2007 at 08:50 PM. Reason: misses out some other details.

Smile Hi!

Hi Khoo!
    Are you with Penang Tang Lang group in Hong Kong competition? Do your group have a website? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MantisCool View Post
    Hi! Voung

My sidai has learnt quite substantial. Though, we have emailed but I cant recall his state. You can contact him at this address

cho_c@hotmail.com

Typically, the training should covers every aspect. You train forms for the speed, pai da gung for the hardening and strengthening of your body, sandbag for power and joints, sparring for application.

Others might disagree.

Regards
    khoo

Hi! Wushu boxer

No, I am not with them. They are from the Penang Mantis Club and I am from Penang Chin Woo but we are from the same family.

Neither of them have website yet.

regards
    khoo

Great to see other 7 star mantis. Forms seem very close to what Lee Kam Wing teaches, I just did Sam Lo Yare Yue Kuen with him in Hong kong 2 weeks ago.

Paul

Thanks

Thanks for all advice and help. Will try to find a 7* class in Melbourne.

Vuong