Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
yep my MMA coach is a student and friend of geoff thompson and the coach at the other gym i train at does security for a few people so we have trained the fence, done some self defence and 2 on 1, 3 on 1, its a small part of our training but it is done on occasion. personally in a mulitpul situation if i cant blast a hole i want a shield (and its back to standing
grappling for me!)
That sort of training isn't really the norm. it is pretty hit and miss at an mma IMO.
do people really train finger strikes to the eyes,? not being funny but the risk reward to me is too great, if you hit bone or miss and break your fingers then what?
All the time. JKDers love it. I have never seen any one get hurt.
For self defence if you want something more serious than the normal fist id go with the PE fist, harder less prone to injury and can still be used to attack the eyes etc
I don't know what a PE fist is, But I don't think that the idea is to have some thing "more serious" as much as it is to make extra sure that people are hitting correctly and using palm strikes when necessary.

MMA guys use the enviroment all the time in the cage or the ring, its not too much of an extension for them to use the wall, table floor etx and doesnt take too much time out of normal training to practise
Sure but the ring is only one environment with a different set of rules than the street so you have to explore other environments with a different mindset.