I was recently given a huge stack of old Kung Fu Magazines and I came across an article written by Salvatore Canzonieri named "A Moslem in China".

I'm still a newb in kung fu, but for some reason I have a strong interest in the "Muslim" styles of kung fu and their history/relation/etc.

I'm probably not going to get much info on this, but there was a section in his article that peaked my interests especially. It reads, "Also, the Hui Hui Shi Ba Zou (18 Fist fighting exercises of the Hui) was considered to be the best in combat exercises. The noted anti-Ching public figure Gan Feng Chi included the exercises in his book Hua Quan Zong Jiang Fa (A General Talk on Flower Boxing)."

So, does this refer to a form, a style, or just some simple combat drills? Is anyone familiar with this book? I've attempted to find some information on it, but the little I found wasn't really helpful. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the translation difficulties and such, if it was ever even translated.

I'd be really interested in getting my hands on this book if possible. Or even a half-assed translation of some of it. Like I said, i'm really interested in the "Muslim" stuff and how they came to be so widely recognized.

**Feel free to move this thread if you need to. Didn't know if it needed to be in the Magazine section or not.**