Thread: Video: Controlled Sparring Demo by the Chief Instructor of AYZYIM

Threaded View

In one previous post, we asked you the following question:
    The exercise performed in the video are similar to the "one step sparring" drills in Karate. For example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZghm7Gz8ZY
    Are the exercises not useful because the attacker is a compliant one who doesn't move after he punches?

And your answer was:
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    that is exactly why they are not usefu, because they teach based on a contrivance that the attacker will not respond; considering that you are trianing to fight, theoreticaly, practicing in this way is of minimal to no value, and perhaps even detrimental that, and the way the attack comes in is also a contrivance; at the very best, it might b useful for beginning beginners, but even that is debatable;
    (you will now doubtless proffer the "argument" that because it's been done this way for a million-bilion years, that it needs must be useful, and you will incredulously ask me if I am naysaying the accumuated wisodom of umpteenth generations of venerated hoary masters, and the answer is, "yes, I am");
    So, you were insulting the intelligence of the Karate community. This just shows how arrogant and ignorant you are. What is your credential anyway?
    Last edited by suddenflower; 08-16-2010 at 11:01 AM.