Quote Originally Posted by southernrock View Post
Anonymous guy? My name is Tim Egan.

The only thing I've been confronted with, is your biased certainty that anyone who even asks questions of your positions on this thread, hates all of Islam, and like assumptions on your part.

How is my ideology 'hate and intolerance", specifically, that is?

Very good!

Tim, prior to your announcement you were indeed just some anon voice.

So, please tell us all how denying this centre, across and down the street from an already established mosque is an affront to the sensitivity of americans?

If you don't despise Islam, what's the problem? Why can't they have their centre wherever they bloody well please? Is it insensitive to say stop discriminating based on religion? It is completely discriminatory to deny these people their right to build their centre.

What are you basing teh denial on? Sensitivity? Gimme a break, that is laughable.

Be sensitive and join us in denying the rights we afford everyone else to Muslims.

And yes, I am down on folks who are against this position because I see it as wrong. That is how points of view work.

so, tell me Tim, why should these people be denied their right to build their center?

who is it insensitive to to reach out , pray and meet other muslims?

do tell, I'm all ears.

Plenty of Muslims died in the WTC on 9/11/01 too, as well as Canadians, Germans, French, and so on. It certainly wasn't exclusively and American tragedy and it certainly wasn't an Islamic attack.

It was an act of criminal terrorism apparently carried out by criminals.

You cannot kill in the name of Islam anymore than you can kill in the name of Christ.

people kill in the name of hatred, profit, fear, intolerance, and occasionally in self defense. The latter being the least common of the way of killing.

anyway, why do you want these people to be denied their right as americans?