Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
115 forms!
In Liang Xuexiang's book "Boxing, Staff and Spear Fencing Manual" (Quan Gun Qiang Pu) written in 1842 the author mentions three core mantis forms.
Apparently some peeps in the Seven Star line have been busy in the last 150 plus years. Though in defense I believe CCKTCPM has also developed a remarkable number of forms.
Hand form wise, CCK TCPM didn't have a lot of forms. The only form that is created by GM Chiu is the wooden dummy form and that's about it.

Now, weaponry is a different story. I am by no mean an expert in weaponry and to be honest I don't even bother with weaponry in CCK TCPM at all. I always say to people who come to me that I don't do any weapon and there are plenty of good CCK TCPM teachers such as Alexander Tse, Galen Fok, etc, who are marvelous with weaponry in CCK TCPM. If they are only interested in weaponry then they should seek out these teachers.

As far as I am concern CCK TCPM is great with self defense. It served me well in the past and I have absolute confidence in the system whether or not it has one form, ten forms or no forms at all.

Nowadays, my focus is but 5 forms or so and of course the 64 Shou Fa. Honestly, good Kung Fu isn't about forms. Now excellent Kung Fu truly and really is formless and shapeless. So...