I am not here to offend people, or to troll Qigong, but after practicing it for about 6 months now I have really been questioning as to how practical it really is. I am an open minded person, but I am also no nonsense and a truth seeker.

I took up Qigong to possibly help better my health, as I have no health insurance and I have high blood pressure with bad skin/acne/break outs. I work out 5x a week, but even so I still have these problems. I did learn from a teacher and I rather not bad mouth him, as I believe he fully believes what he teaches works.

But for me it hasn't worked to improve my health. And I could never tell him this, that the techniques he taught me don't work. I believe that Qi exists, as you can feel it after a while. But what I think I don't believe in, is the ability to heal yourself with Qi. I don't believe that is practical compared to modern medicine.

With me having no insurance I *want to believe that Qigong can improve your bodies health, but my experience is showing otherwise. For 1 month I practiced a Qigong exercise on how to lower my blood pressure. I also did many things to reduce stress during this time and included my physical workout routine.

After my 1 month trial doing this exercise it was found that my blood pressure did not lower at all, that it remained the same. So after that I stopped practicing that Qigong technique and I got access to some medicine at a free clinic. Within 1 month my blood pressure went down, and to a normal level with this free medicine.

My Qigong teacher says that he doesn't take medicine, that way his body learns how to react when it gets sick. But for me, if I don't take medicine I put myself in danger. I also have asthma from a young age. It is well controlled with my medicine. But if I do not take maintenance medicine for my asthma and I jog 2 miles like I usually do several times a week I will wheeze very bad. This is out of my control, and unfortunately I do not think Qigong can help with any of the health problems I have.

If it can help with anything, maybe it can serve as meditation to calm the mind. But I do not see it as actually having health benefits besides that. If any of you guys think differently, or just want to comment feel free.