Thread: what the difference?

Threaded View

T.Niehoff I see your point it does read that way. My point was that all wing chun I have ever seen contains all 3 stages of training and concepts even though forms may differ however for whatever reasons the focus has fallen onto just one aspect so much so that now chi sao seems to be the beginning and end all of wing chun. The knowledge is there open like a book for anyone to train but few do so. Instead I keep reading how our system does this or we don't do that in our system etc etc.

The attitude seems to be if your Sifu does not lead you to water you can not drink.

This leads to why i do not care to teach westeners. If I am racist by the way big deal. Don't think I am it is just in general westeners are difficult to teach due to cultural differences and I think better suited to boxing or arts created to suit them like Tae Kwon Do

Look at the Kuit how everyone claims they know them,follow them and then look at performance.

Wing Chun created by woman. What should this tell you. A 130 lb woman can not stand toe to toe with 200 man trade punches and expect to win. A woman must find another way must be mobile. What do we see in videos. People charging into each other with chain punches or standing in front of each other trading attacks. This is doing boxing with a wing chun cover. It is best to spend time actually learning how to box.

Look at chi sao videos, even those by experts.Llook at how often they move elbows back to the body or outside the plane of the body . This is not what wing chun says to do yet they do it. People should correct themselves but instead if Sifu does it or doesn't say anything they just go on not drinking the water.

Again look in chi sao. Do people ,even experts close in when attacking and break structure or do they stand at arms length trading attacks or throw fast hands from long range. Wing chun says to close ,step in ,break structure as you attack but this you seldom see.

And for benny my goal was always to bounce the back of head or face off the ground or a wall and try to leave as fast as possible. I did not fight looking to kill or to admire my handy work. If I was pulled to the ground I went there. I am not a fool nor was my father. I learned to wrestle both freestyle and greco-roman when I was young. I was grounding and pounding long before you and I dare say most on this forum knew what it was or were even born.
    I am no ground expert but anyone that wants to be rounded should have a basic working knowledge of how to function when on ones back or on top of someone.
    Last edited by horserider; 10-22-2010 at 07:09 AM.