Recently, there have been some 'Kungs' discussed, and demonstrated. They mostly are about creating strength and perhaps even muscle memory from my perspective.

What about Speed "kungs"? Does anybody have any particular training for speed, and perhaps focus?

I have one, and I will choose my words carefully to describe it....

Wooden, kung fu training staff....38mm diameter, but any solid staff will do.. I like them standing with an arm upstretched length. Hold the staff at one end, hands around shoulders width apart or less (important), arms straight down, staff parallell to the ground.

Lock the elbows, sort of, and twitch the staff up and down repeatedly as if you were trying to whip water off the end, or trying to break it in the middle. The change of direction and short movement range, and the strain sets up a great burn. You have to lock down solid though, and you have to use a heavy, thick solid staff with very little play, and it depends on length. I've found you need more than 30mm, if you work with sticks longer than you are tall.

There's something about the sudden change in direction and the stress at the same time that works. Any of you more scientific guys have any idea what that's all about?

fast twitch, short range of motion (less than 1 inch in the hands), under load with feedback.

Full upper body tense, Ping Ma horse stance, Grip, upper arm, shoulder and chest burn, particularly deltoids, tricepts, forearms, fingers. Bicepts, lats and pecs less so. Perhaps they are stronger to begin with, I reckon they are more supporting than delivering.

That's just one...