Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
ALL IMA methodologies were investigate in China, don't think for a minute that they weren't.
It's actually well documented, if you can get you hands on the info.
The chinese were driven to give their athletes the best possible chances to win in athletic competitions and outside of the use of some herbs like cordyceps ( a mushroom) and some other stuff, they found nothing of value for their athletic program.
The "nothing of value" findings may have more to do with the Chinese government's general attitude towards traditional kung fu training (as opposed to modern Wu Shu), than actual serious investigations. I am just wondering.....

Also, competitive athletic programs want quick results, while many Internal methodologies will not be "time efficient" in that regard.

In regards to the subject at hand - strength development- the studies and science is clear and has been for sometime.

If you choose not to believe me that is fine, I respect that, I am just stating what is.
Again, I am not disputing the effectiveness of your ST methodology. I am simply pointing out that there are other less known ways, that are also valid. I am saying that because I have seen it with my own eyes, so to speak.

Trust me ( or don't) the fact is that IF any IMA methdology could have given the chinese results in athletic competitions, they would have been adopted and guard with even MORE secrecy than anything in the TCMA.
I agree and that would certainly be the case if the Internals could give them short term results required for competitive sports.

The fact that some Chinese athletes got caught for performance enhancers and the discovery of the potential effects of things like cordyceps, makes a clear statement.
The fact is that not all Chinese know kung fu.