Thread: Supreme Guard

Threaded View

Supreme Guard

I have a serious question;

What do each of you guys find is the best method of blocking/deflecting/guarding WITHOUT counter attack?

We tend to spend such a lot of time on combos of super powerful attacks, on the ground and pound, on all these strikes.... When would you EVER actually do this to someone? I mean in the normal scope of life we need self defense, but when will you ever have to BATTER another human being?

In my experience of violence there are a great many people who are simply NOT capable of it. They can spend a lot of time training striking but they will never be able to actually bring themselves to use it on someone. That means they will never be great fighters. But it doesn't mean that they can't learn to defend themselves well.

There are different types of people. And for those who lack the ability to be violent many techniques are not so useful. What use is Sanda if you can't bring yourself to hit someone? Its not a weakness, its a testament to our society that some people have crushed their violent natures. But they still need martial arts.

You can't deny these people exist, what do you teach them? What kind of guard?

SO, blocking without counter attack (at most Qinna, throws and pushes and slaps). What do you have? Someone is trying to batter you, you just want to block? I want blocks that genuinely work against someone who is really trying to hit you in fast combination.
    Last edited by RenDaHai; 07-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.