woliveri

obviously each style of praying mantis differs, otherwise they wouln't have different names. i have seen jut sow forms on video, as well as several others. they all share similarities, but as far as senstivity training goes i don't know if they ever had it, though i am sure some do. but even if they were in it does not mean that the creator of WL kept them in. as i said in a previous post, perhaps lee kwan shan added the parts he thought were important at the time- considering his opponents and what they do. take for instance 2 person sets, they use the traditional chambering of the hand at the waist, this allows the defender enough time to grab, or otherwise manipulate the attack wheras we both know that we are going to hit that guy(morethan once) if they try that in real life. now i am not sure if they fought like that back then, but if so, it would be unecessary to have sensitvity training because the opponent could easily be defeated otherwise.
i see it like this. lee kwan shan was skilled in tam tui whose techniques are long range, lots of kicks etc. after learning mantis he took his forms and added the close range skills so that the forms trained all ranges of fighting, the style to me moves in and out constantly. so many people today are taken by the praying mantis, and for some reason try to seperate it, but WL is not jut sow or tam tui, it is both. either one can be learned on it's own