Yesterday Bawang posted: "lol @ silly gwailos trying to find kung fu in shanghai and taiwan"

While that is definitely in the neighborhood of "Silly *****s trying to find hamburgers in the U.S." it doesn't account for folks like B.K Frantzis and the recently deceased Robert Smith.

I personally was put in touch with some good BJJ by an Australian who lived in Asia for 7 years and moved to San Juan, PR three years ago. He put me in touch with the South East Asian BJJ Federation.... which has a school in Shanghai.

I also have friends at Renzos who get paid to fight and run seminars internationally.... I always ask if they've seen anything worth following up on.

But in the end, it comes down to the almighty dollar. One can get a 16 year old girl for the night in Guanzhou for $175 .... they send them to your room unrequested (offer never taken). $1,000 for anyone who can produce a Chinese boxer of note, willing and able to demonstrate against a novice western boxer..... the Taiji man I trained with had power and listening skills but nothing worth of note. And my host found and paid for him because he knows of my interest and doesn't need my money. He's a Shanghai multi-millionaire.

Finding TCMA in China is easy. Finding good TCMA.... as likely as in Nebraska. All the Kung Fu we see here that is nowhere near modern standards: where did it come from?