I enjoyed watching the vids on monkey kung fu posted by pheonix. very interesting.

Watching the video I had to think that someone had put alot of thought into that system. But, I realize you have no idea of what the stystem is about just by watching a few forms. You have to see a breakdown of the curriculum to understand what the system is about. It would not be beneficial to role aroudn on the pavement like that in a fight.

I see people posting on translations of old books, peoms, stories.....

I have seen 18 different explanations of the 12 keywords......8 different explanations of the 7,8,8 & 12 and maybe 72 different variations of the 8 basic postures/stances.

Yeah, this is all cool and we sound like scholars when we speak about them to people on forums and our students.

mantis 108 once asked me "so, what is your system about and how do you get a beginner student to advanced level...you know point A to B....fighting not BS formsl? What is the process.....how do you tell your story".

I see people posting and talking about drills and two person things but I havent heard anyone describe at what level certain drills are taught and how they progress a student.

CCK The Mantis has what I think is 64 Sau Fa. Each one has a counter attack and if I am not mistaken one Sau Fa can be used as a counter to another. So, you have all of the the fighting technique/self defense and a counter to it. Each sau fa/fighing technique/ self defense can be used as a counter against another. I could be mistaken on some of this but I think I am fairly close. I believe they also include a few two person drills at certain levels.

You could work the Basics of the system along with the sau fa without learning one form and understand the essence of the system and how to use it .

My question is how many other systems break things down like this and how many out there just take drills out of forms and teach them randomly?