On page 17, Figure 2-4B, it shows two pictures at the bottom; with Dennis Rovere, who is leaning his torso forward, and extending his head. I do not do this, nor do I recommend it, since it causes one to be less rooted, and more committed to a forward motion. One who is skilled will see this forward leaning and lead the person with their own energy. This is not in the photos of the old time practitioners.

Leaning forward is a mistake for any reason unless you are a Western Boxer. To lean torso forward to cause a blow to glance is slower than the striking arm or foot. Leaning forces a commitment to forward movement, which can be lead to throw one off balance. It is a basic of all Chinese Internal Martial Arts.

Quote Originally Posted by rovere View Post
On the page that I am leaning forward, I am the one throwing the punch and the other fellow has turned his body - which has caused me to lurch forward as the punch is redirected. This was done at full speed with the digital camera on burst - then we pick the best photos to illustrate the point - which is the 45 degree angle of the chest that allows the blow to glance by. Sorry the work doesn't meet your low standards and 'fluffy qi dancing'. Instead of knocking other people and displaying your ignorance why don't you actually learn xingyi

I have looked at your site and what you write. I may be a 'prima donna' but your are simply full of ****! Get an ****ing education moron.

As for xue sheng, he and I are not acquainted; but he certainly has more manners than you.