Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
I know for a fact that Wing Chun "can" look like Wing Chun in real fighting on many different levels. Structure, "sticking", trapping, timing, distance....the whole nine yards. This isn't boasting, just pointing out that I have seen and experienced it first hand.

Sport fighting does not blend with WC strategy and principles very well. There are many contraindications to the system. For example, I have a buddy who I spar with every now and then. I'll play the game with him, attack/withdrawal, because my goal isn't to really hurt him. But every now and then he gets out of hand. In those situations I usually don't withdrawal and end up hurting him because I'll explode into him the way you're supposed to with WC. Sport fighting is playing a game that is not your game, and the irony of it is that while people say that they're pressure testing, it's very obvious they're trying to avoid getting hit. WC doesn't work that way. If you withdrawal on your own without your opponent moving you back for you, you're playing their game, not yours.

Just look at nature to see how animals fight. Almost all of them stay put when fighting and only move back when they are "moved" back....

Most of you will probably think it's easy for me to say this in words and I understand that. But WC isn't for everyone and probably should be for far less people than it already is IMO...
You are correct. It is far too easy just to be put into words. So where's your proof? Surely you must have many videos illustrating what you are claiming? Oh wait, I forgot. It is probably to deadly to be filmed. My bad. Well then go back to talking. Because we all know talking is a much better training method than sparring with pressure...