You guys are missing the point on what I said about chi sao. I don't think you use "Chi Sao" to fight with for the last time. My point was "through" good chi sao one can develop the ability to read the movement and intention of someone even without touching, from anyone, not just other WC guys.
Like a boxer might for example

If you recognize it, it becomes clear that the person is initiating his attacking movement. Being able to read the difference between Passive and Active in an individual is paramount to WC and is what the system is heavily based on. I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of understanding of this very important part of WC on this forum and elsewhere.
Well it may be a key part to you. Having said that, being able to recognise someone about to belt you probably is a handy self defense attribute.

"They move first, but you move faster" Why? Because through Chi Sao, good chi sao, one develops his own awareness of Passive/Active. If you remain Passive when Active is being initiated, regardless of touch or not, you will be quicker with your timing because it's a half beat to his full beat. If you both are active at the same time or you actively "intercept" an attack, you're basing your timing off of 1-2 beat. The "2" beat will be anyone's ball game, so to speak. By intercepting 'actively within passive', if your attack is blocked or redirected, you'll have the ability to truly intercept on the "2" beat. So it goes something like this, you being in bold, - (1/2)1 - (1/2 2). In layman's terms, what does that mean? It means your body was active while your arms were passive during both half beats. These are the basics with closing the gap.
This, IMO, is a world of assumption

There is much, much more to Passive/Active when contact is made and I've tried to explain that before as well but not many listened back when I did.
Well whip up a clip then

There is no other exercise I know better than Chi Sao to develop these attributes with regards to fighting. All you need is to understand and develop this concept along with your structure and you can fight truly free. When Ip Man said 'the opponent will show you how to hit him' he was referring to this concept, I guarantee you that, and whether you agree with me or not, all of you, if you're being honest with yourselves, you have to admit that Fong Sifu and some of his students of which I've posted a few videos have some of the best timing around. And without being biased here, I think that ought to say somethin
g...

Fong does look sharp, but the other clips ive seen look like fairly standard bread and butter chi-sao, im not thinking they are going to help you case