Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
Not that I aint enjoying the conversations gents, but has anybody actually answered my questions?

Ths is really addresing those that have only practisd the form from Ip Man, as there tends to be no opening set or scabbard use. I find this strange because most decent knife sellers sell a scabbard with the blades

Every demo I have ever seen already has the knives 'drawn', mainly held over the shoulder like some kind of farmer, then a lifting leg work before separating the blades, double chop and away they go!

Has anyone here actually got a clip of ANY demo of themselves using their knives? And if you have, are you willing to share just a little?
Its only strange if you base your perspective of the knives on what modern day equipment retailers like to provide. When the knives were practical they would have been tucked into belts or laid on a surface on a boat etc ready to grab. In my lineage there is a move at the start of the last section that would replicate drawing the knives from your belt. I will try to get some footage of me and my si bak using our knives. Oh and a heads up, my sifu will be releasing his third book later this year which is dedicated to the BJD.