[QUOTE=LoneTiger108;1189992]Listen, all I am saying is that you don't have to be healthy to be good at Wing Chun, or to start learning it. It was designed for the average man and woman, according to my learning. It wasn't intended to be an athletic endeavor, but these ideas naturally intersect with the systems development through the men who have had influence on it.

I'm not saying that you have to be a world class triathlete or olympic lifter, but discipline goes hand in hand with real martial arts mastery. If you have the title of sifu, you have a responsibility to demonstrate that discilpine to your students. It's kind of hard to look at someone as disciplined when he's obviously eaten far more than his share of KFC and Krispy Kreme donuts and has a gut so big he can't see his own *****. Wing Chun was designed for the average person without huge size or strength, but conditioning has always been a big part of Wing Chun training. You may not need to be super strong, but cardiovascular conditioning, balance, and other attributes built up through conditioning is vital for all martial arts. These things are not possible with someone who's morbidly obese and all other things being equal, his fighting ability will be worse than someone who is conditioned.

And why is that whenever people see a fat person, they give him the benefit of the doubt and think he may have some medical condition? Almost half the population in the US is fat, more in some states. I suppose the entire genetic code has been rewritten in the past 30 years or could it be that people are just eating too much crap?