Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
in the absence of trauma, idiopathic degredation at one joint can be due to dysfunction of another joint nearby or even more distant, leading to abnormal tensional / compressional forces at the joint in question;
That sounds kind of along the lines of what I was thinking, ie. it's somehow related to my shoulder issue/rehab.

as far as glucosamine, my question has always been as to how this supplement finds its way through ur digestive system into the offending joint in question with such specificity...my personal experience with patients taking it is that either it doesn't work, or they feel better way to quickly for it not to be placebo effect (which is an excellent method of decreasing systemic inflammation, so it's not that it's not real, it's just a different mechanism...);
I've heard all sorts of stuff like that. I can tell you though that our last dog had arthritis, and my mom started giving her a glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM pill on the recommendation of our vet, and my mom said that there was a big improvement in her mobility. Animals don't get a placebo effect.

One more question for you:

I got a massage a few days ago and ever since I've been having tingling in my left hand throughout the day. It's mostly in my pinky and ring finger (ulnar nerve) but also occasionally in the others/thumb.

About a year ago I had some symptoms of ulnar nerve entrapment that would randomly come and go, but for the most part they went away after a few weeks of doing nerve glide exercises throughout the day and taking vitamin B. I hadn't really thought about it much since then until it started back up the other day.

Did the masseuse do something wrong or is this somehow related to my elbow? I read that arthritis in the elbow can increase your chances of having nerve issues.