Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
Yup, that's it. We've become so over sensitized with the PC garbage we can't even have a real discussion on the subject anymore. Too many yahoos jumped on the bandwagon and condescend with "well that's racist" every time there's a mere mention of race. Everyone's walking on egg shells afraid to say anything that could imply another person is of a different ethnic background.
You certainly can't mention any facts or statistics regarding a group of people. That's akin to genocide.

It's weakening us as a society and making us unable to deal with real issues.
Racism is classifying by race. It's not positive or negative until somebody makes it so. And yes, we are all racist. Some more than others. Some negative, some not.

This isn't an anthropology forum. I just don't see why race is even a topic? Non Chinese monks are rare, no shit! the temple is new, the country was relatively shut until relatively recently. In time, if it survives, I have no doubt there will be all sorts of diff people there. As far as I'm concerned, this is all a given. SO again, why even bring up race at all?

Oh, and you can hardly put what I said next to people using reverse racism for political agendas. Come on. Your beef is with the bastardization of the term, not me using it correctly. I specifically made a point to spell out how I did NOT feel that this was intended to be offensive. But I do feel that there is a great chance he knew it could be seen that way. My point s to the greater context in how we talk about race at all. It's a non issue IMO. Race means nothing. You wanna talk culture, ok. In that context it's not racist, it's culturalist. another term that is not postive or negative until it is made so. One could argue that I made it so. But if I wasn't clear before, I'll say it now. It was not my intent to call people racist in the way many percieve the word to mean.

Nobody here would ever call me PC You should know this by now. I speaks my mind and I use whatever language I feel will suit my goals. Whether it's relaxed, straight talk, baiting, or just plain aggressive.

Kellen, that's not all directed toward you. I just used your post as a jump off. You should know which parts are for you.