Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
Our merit questioning is color-blind. Just read the archives here. That being said, I see your point now. I imagine that a lot of the questioning arises from the fact that there are so few non-Chinese 'official' Shaolin monks, if any, so the poseurs really stick out. There are plenty of fake Chinese Shaolin monks, but they don't stick out nearly as much. That's sort of contrapositive racism.
No, I hear you. And people like Ren. I could have been more clear in the first place and that was my bad, for sure. I just don't like the way we(most of us) think when it comes to differences. You raise a black kid in a white family completely segregated from other black people, his only difference from his peers will only be physical. To an extent anyways. There are genetic factors, but for the sake of this convo, let's not open that can right now. After, sure. But it will just muddy the waters right now. Our differences are cultural, not racial. IMO even looking at race in this global community we have now is just ridiculous and is a remnant of horrible systemic racism in our respective cultures. Learned behaviour has very very little to do with your race. Aside from like a reaction to being judged based on race. Then of course it does affect you. Again, separate issue tho.