Thread: Sifu title in 4 months time??

Threaded View

Sifu title in 4 months time??

Ok, I had to check to see if I'm losing my mind. One of my ex-students who only trained with me for a little over a month total, and has been with his second teacher (call him 'Sifu xyz') for only the past 4 months is now calling himself 'Sifu' and charging money to teach.

6 weeks ago, one of my sihings and I visited 'Sifu xyz's backyard training area to help them with some very light sparring to prep for a tourney they wanted to enter at my ex student's request. Their skill was exactly what you would expect for guys only having trained a few months at the time - decent enough guys with great attitudes, but VERY green skills, an overinflated opinion in said skills, and couldn't even defend against a basic light jab.

And now I see that 2 of those students (my ex student included) are now calling themselves Sifu and charging money for instruction after only 4 months of training - all with Sifu xyz's full permission and approval. Am I the only one that sees a problem with any of this?

Here is their ad. To me it seems like a LOT of information to get down in such a short time to start calling yourself a sifu, but what to I know!

Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Chinese kickboxing, TaeKwonDo, HapKiDo, and Jiu Jitsu. Pitbull Way Fighting Systems created by Sifu [xyz]. Whether it be self defense, ring fighting, or success in your career and marriage anything is possible if you set your mind to it. Contact Sifu [xx] or Sifu [yy] to set up a time to come in. We do regular classes and personal training. Contact us if your dedicated to changing your life for the better.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 01-18-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90