Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
By short power, I'm assuming you are meaning not using much or any body rotation, is that correct?

And the problem with using boxing when he doesn't have contact would be what?

I'm confused. I thought you just said this would be boxing if he hit the guy without making contact first.

So, where would an example of a WC guy throwing WC punches be? Would this be it?
Wing Chun guy attempting to use wing chun punches in fight.
Yes, to the short power thing.

The problem with using boxing with WC is the stance. One advocates turning and weight transfer from leg to leg (here's a tip, that's where the power comes from) and the other (WC) uses a different method based starting at SLT .
Have you boxed and done MT? Though they use the same punches, the stance is a bit different as one throws kicks and knees. See the point, depending on what you use and how you are going to use it dictates what will and won't fit the style.

Nothing wrong with hitting the guy at range initially, but if it goes on the WC should get into his range.

The difference between Belford and the WC guy is that the WC guy has WC options. From my view I can see he has maintained his stance, maintained his range and could still defend and attack using all his WC tools.

With the belford clip I se a guy hitting a guy who runs backwards and he chases throwing punches. At no stage could he cleanly kick for example, looking at the WC guy I think he could due to him maintaining his stance... Belford looks like he is almost leaning.

Hope that helps