Quote Originally Posted by CRCAUSA View Post
What would really be nice is being able to have a friendly discussion about wing chun techniques, concepts, etc. without all the personal attacks. Think it could be done.....probably not.
The nature of WCK as an art is very disjointed. Many lineages and little agreement between them. A lot of bickering. A lot of closemindedness.

This forum is a reflection of that. As such, moderation is light, mostly just removing internet challenges and the most blatant personal attacks. There are a lot of dead WCK forums around, which is probably what would happen to this one if moderation increased to the point where everyone only talked in a friendly discussion. People don't see eye to eye. So they disagree and if conversation continues people eventually get to a place of understanding one another, at least a little bit. Sometimes conversation doesn't continue.

I guess I'd just say this forum is a reflection of reality.

And that while there are some cool concepts and discussions, there's a lot of static interspersed that you just have to ignore. Pick and choose what interests you and what you want to respond to.

Just my .02.