View Poll Results: The benefits of the internal arts are due to (choose all that apply)

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Specific physical movments (ie. it is possible to do them wrong and not get benefit)

5 41.67%
  • Specific breathing (ie. it is possible to do it wrong and not get the benefits)

6 50.00%
  • The thought process/mental component ("intent" or something like that) alone

6 50.00%
  • General physical movements (ie. they don't have to be exact)

7 58.33%
  • General breathing (ie. it doesn't have to be exact)

5 41.67%
  • Placebo

4 33.33%
  • There are none, not even placebo

2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The benefits from internal arts come from...

Threaded View

The benefits from internal arts come from...

Poll coming. You may choose all the answers that are applicable.

Let me explain these choices. So if you think the benefit from internal martial arts comes from specific movements combined with specific breathing techniques, then you would choose options 1 and 2.

If you think the benefit from internal martial arts comes from the thought process combined with general movements that don't have to be exact, you would choose options 3 and 4.

I've heard some people say that internal martial arts stuff has to be exact or it may be ineffective or even harmful. Sometimes when they say this they are referring to the movement, sometimes to the breathing, and sometimes to both. I've also heard people say it doesn't matter, you can't really do it wrong, so I'm curious what this forum thinks.
    Last edited by IronFist; 03-17-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.