Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
Not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.

The majority of TCMA guys are not trying to develop their combat skill when they are still young. Of course you can develop your "engine" first and combat skill later. The problem is when your "engine" is ready to be used, you may be too old to use it.
....that would be a "problem", yes. But aren't there examples of those who go/went for combat first? Ones whom have not merely trained against others, but truly tested, successfully?

We still have not seen an example of it to date. People notice that. Children even. Not really a big deal until the proponents start denying it. That is also a problem.

Fighters are usually pragmatic. If what is truly effective can be learned (and thus improved upon) quickly, what value then is spending extra time building a physiological Rube-Goldberg "machine" to express it with? With diminished results, as you point out?

If you can actually pull it off, well then that might actually be something kind of special. Like Art. Martial Arts. To make the square peg go through the round hole.

Raw talent and creativity can drive the Macarena to fighting effectiveness. Those things can't be taught. I think maybe the truth about TCMA is that 70% of it really is a Rube-Goldberg. And that the useful remains can be found in many other sources, in various expressions. I think the reason *talented* TCMA fighters are RARE, is because just that- they are talented. They could have done it with the Macarena.