Quote Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
Frost
-yes, I need to train more. I've only taken one class, so I think that would be obvious?

1 When i wrote that its the foundational position, the guard was the alteration that Helio made to what his brother taught him that enabled a smaller guy to survive against a larger guy
2 What difference does it make who the biter was? They were both bjj guys and it was the exact position I described
3 I have been punched in the face and i have bitten, when punched I recovered quickly, the person I bit went to the hospital, and may have been a plastic surgery candidate afterwards-

While I appreciate your help, the tone of your posts has taken a sarcastic and derisive turn, unfortunately. Keep it out of your posts to me.
Im sorry but i have answered these same ill informed opinions before and mostly from trolls so i tend to be short and to the point. You need to train more and think less.
For a start ryan bit the guy from mount, the guard is fundermentlly different because you have control of their hips in that position and can control their base and balance, you cant do that from mount
secondly i have be bitten and also pounded by punches in MMA, when you are on the floor and cant absorb the blow its much worse than taking a standing punch
thirdly helio still believed in the 4 pillar positions, mount guard side control and back mount he never said anything about the guard being the most important so its a straw argument at best, trolling at worst