Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
Yes, sparring and fighting are two different things. However I explained why sparring can be practice fighting. It works that way if you do in sparring what you will do in fighting. This is the whole premise behind sport fight training and why sport fighters get so good.
Sorry I think we are on different pages...

So your principle is to gouge the eyes and kick the knee? What do you do if accosted by some drunk? Are you going to poke out his eyes or try to break his leg?
See here is the problem... You are not reading and I specifically put important words in CAPS!! I use principles and put forward 2 basic principle led techniques and now you want to change it around and have me fighting a drunk lol!!

Principle 1 - Strike opponents weak spot
Tech 1 - Gouge eyes

Principle 2 - Strike opponents closest target with longest weapon
Tech 2 - Kick front knee with straight stomp

Boxers have a saying that everyone has a plan until they get hit. When this happens things get messy. That is simply how it works.
Wasn't that Tysons saying? He was an exceptional striker so props to him but let me offer you a Wing Chun saying that is similar... Use defence as attack! So take off the boxers glove and let him continue to try and jab you in the face while you tuck in your vchin and offer him the top of your skull. This is fighting not sparring and this is what Wing Chun is all about (apparently!)