Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDiva View Post
I don't think this is entirely true. I beg to differ in that the professional wushu forms are far superior and that pro san da fighters are far superior to the average Shaolin monk / warrior monk.

I guess you have not truly been a Shaolin student that have learnt from the traditional shaolin monks who have lived in the actual temple since they were kids. nor have you been in their circle. or know them personally? Or been in the wushu circle or even authentic chinese circle. Have you been to Los Angeles , CA, the mecca of where some of the cats live ? I don't think true Chinese wushu players would ever say that they are better than a Shaolin monk who has lived in the temple. They often times pay great respect to the Shaolin masters. Its a big heavy Chinese tradition to respect them .

Again, not until you know them personally, been taught by them or have had a dinner with them , drive them around town, felt their qi , their power , can you say you know the difference. True Shaolin has a Chan(Zen) Buddhist element to it. If they don't , then you should question their authencity of Shaolin.
UAnfortunately, it is very difficult to make an honest assessment of people you feel loyal to. Actually, it's quite insulting to say that Shaolin monks are superior to professional wushu athletes.