Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
And I've explained that I'm not concerned about terminology. I asked before and you didn't answer, so I'll ask again and little more clearly.
Well, maybe other people ARE concerned about terminology, strategy, approach, and a dozen other things that come into play besides the shape of the instruments used.

Why are you not concerned about these things, and overtly concerned about and directing the examination to the shape of things only?

In HFY, do you use a basic Chi Sao rolling platform consisting of one arm rolling between Bong Sao and Tan Sao on the inside while the other arm follows the partner's Bong/Tan with a Fook Sao on the outside?
Usually only when interacting with other WCK families, most especially those that use the Luk Sao training platform like Yip Man lineages. That basic chi sau rolling platform in most WCK lineages is usually one of the 3 main components of WCK training (forms, dummy, chi sau). It is not in HFY.

This is why Eric is answering you about the different approaches. But apparently you don't understand that - maybe it's too foreign of a concept to you. Maybe you'll get it now. In HFY classes and instruction there just isn't the standard rolling platform taught, drilled, etc. Sifu Gee teaches that you don't just compliantly allow someone to step up to you in square stance and lock up a bong/tan into your bridge. In a realistic situation, even getting there would have to be earned.

That said, do students/teachers roll with that platform on their own, with friends, with others in the WCK community? Sure they do. As you said, sifu Gee does that at friendship seminars, and with visitors sometimes, etc.

Is that a little more clear for you?