Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
Don't know what "PBWT" is or who "Obasse" is... but yeah, Obasi backed out of an actual fight and went the route of trying to fight through chi-sau so he had a better chance since he'd be the only one fighting in such a format.

As a result, he looked like an idiot, and a double idiot when he posted it as a "Chi Sao Challenge Match". Whether you call it chi-sau or fighting, which it was neither, he just looked like an angry spazkid trying to prove a point. The only point he proved is that he indeed has no structure and actually sucks hard.
We know it's not a fight, and yes, perhaps Obasi was being a fool. But if they chatted/argued online and then they met to Chi Sau I think that no one expects them to simply roll (Poon Sau). Kevin says that "Sean is the strongest guy I have ever chi sao'ed", so its clear they both met to Chi Sau and that means freeing things up with some Gor Sau.

The whole thing is kinda stupid, but nonetheless with Kevin's 20-odd year experience in the Ving Tsun system and his rather critical posts on this forum regarding Wing Chun outside of the PBVT system... well, watching that video I didn't see Kevin doing the things that he says make the PBVT method so good. It was a surprise.

But they both had the balls to meet and exchange in some way, and that takes bottle (especially with a camera rolling and it filmed with the knowledge that a youtube upload is just a few clicks away).