Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
As I said before, I haven't seen anyone fighting with WCK (from any lineage) in a MMA contest that, to me, looked like good WC/WT/VT. I listed a few things that might contribute to this. Feel free to post more clips like this if you like, but my point remains. Whatever the lineage, we typically see poor WCK.

For the particular person in the clip you reference, there are many things wrong (obvious inexperience and nerves, a low guard inviting the punch, stance and footwork, etc). In most cases we simply see inexperienced WCK guys a) not applying the system the way they train it, b) getting outclassed.

In Alan's clip I see his fighter not using WCK as I see it trained in Alan's training clips (I already explained what I mean by this), but Alan's guy does outclass the other guy regardless, and wins (deservedly). I applaud the win - I just didn't see him using Wing Chun (as I understand it) to get the win.

A minor point, but I add it for clarification so you know where I stand on this; the WT guy eating the fist looks like an EWTO student. Even if he'd done better, I don't regard this as LT Wing Tsun, and I don't train in the EWTO or use their interpretation of Keith Kernspecht's system.
is there a clip anywhere that you feel represents good wing chun in a full contact environment, be it MMA, the street, a roof top match or heavy class sparring?