Thread: Is Western Boxing Tong Bei?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    My main thing is, I do not believe as much in isolated development. He may be correct in that I used examples to make my case that are time appropriate .Stylistic differences will happen. But, I still believe things were shared and altered. How they got shared may be hard to source. I used the Jews in that era to point out , the possibility exist that the Chinese may have adopted ideas from them. And vice versa. How many of those Jews may have decided after 5-10 years, China is not for us and left. Taking with them ideas and methods they picked up while there. Only to have to modify things once they settled elsewhere. Do to the now environment they were in. If in the case of pottery it could happen. Why not then in the case of martial arts or anything ?

Hope that makes sense. Is it true ? I don't know. But, I do believe the possibility exist and has stronger circumstantial evidence than many other possibilities. Could arts have developed isolated and complete form? I believe it is possible but it becomes unlikely in my opinion. What really makes it hard is even things 200 years old have convoluted history.
    edit, Matt. I am glad you are posting again. I always enjoy your additions. BY the way, I asked you about Apache foot fighting in another thread on herbs I believe. You may have missed. If you know anything about that art could you pm me about it please. I used to know what it was more specifically called but the first time I was made aware of it was from a Mohawk who mentioned it by what I am calling it here. Thanks...
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 10-23-2015 at 07:51 AM.