Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
what exercises do you guys use to develop these?
Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
We just train the body mechanics whether doing forms, drills, hitting the heavy bag, or sparring.
One that I like on the heavy bag is to do short range body strike. Drop-step sink, spiral, and shake to shock the bag. Make it fly 6 feet and keep bouncing it away when it comes back to hit you. This is good with the cheap 80lb Everlast bags - the ones that people don't like because the sand settles to the outside bottom and makes them too hard.

Adjust the bag to do hip strikes, torso strikes, pectoral strikes, and back strikes.

Kind of like the guy with the tree in this video. But with out the running step. And more sink and spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
These vids have been posted around here before, but since this is a Baji thread, I feel they must be included here...

Continued next post...
It's more about the sudden transition from full relaxed to tight and relaxed again than it is about just strength.

I do this on a steel lamp post. If you relax and hit right, the post will ring. I do that with palm strikes too. Relax and almost no arm movement, but sharp sink and spiral. More relaxed makes the hits harder and the post rings louder.